Wednesday, December 5, 2012

ABS ORNAMENT BLOG HOP

 
 
 
I was excited this year to be included in
 
ArtbeadScene - ABS ORNAMENT BLOG HOP
 
I love ABS, I enjoy every monthly challengs.
 
This one is for fun and to share and hop.
 
Thank you ABS for including me in another fun event.
 
 
I have been really ill but started making my ornament
 
a few days back not wanting to miss out on the fun.
 
I of course wanted part polymer but with a twist.
 
I started with this huge round ball.
 
Lots of odd shapped things sticking out.
 
Then I thought ewe who wants an alien ball for their tree.
 
NOT ME.
 
So I stuck a few sculpting utensils in it and walked away.
 
Tommorow will be a better day.
 


Woke up Sunday morning.
 
 
Feeling pretty good.
 
Took that huge ball, cut it in four pieces.
 
Yes huge almost 4 oz of clay.
 
 
Pretty white clay, glitter effect clay, pearl clay.
 
 
Took out the sculpting tools.
 
They looked like antennas.
 
Made me giggle.
 
Decided to use my favorite sculpting technique
 
Clay Embroidery.
 
Very tiny bits of clay that is all sculpted with your hands
 
a few tiny tipped tools
 
and it turned out really pretty.
 
 
 
 
 
Pretty sculpted snowflake of sorts
 
Every snowflake is different right.
 
Well this is my special snowflake.
 
 
But it needed more. Where is the bling.



Much Better
 
 
Pretty seed beads in pearls, whites, clears, blues
 
 
Some pretty feathers tipped in mica powders to match.
 
 
I was happy with my pretty little ornament.
 
 
Oh and a beaded double loup on the top. 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 

Love my pretty little ornament and it has inspired me.
 
Excited to incorporate this into many new jewelry designs.
 
I see earrings and necklaces in my future.
 
Thank goodness I have a box of feathers calling me.
 
While I go to fluff the feathers and grab a Diet Pepsi.
 
I'm ready to Hop. 
 
Ill be sure to stop by all these amazing blogs
 
Full of beautiful Holiday Ornaments.
 
 
I hope you stop by too. Be sure to comment on mine
 
And all of the others.
 
We all worked hard and wanted to share our fun with you.
 
So drop a note and Happy Holidays to all.
 
 

 
BLOG HOP LIST
 
21 AMAZING ARTISANS WITH 21 AMAZING ORNAMENTS
 
Kimi's Jewelry & Gifts   YOUR HERE
 
Treasures Found
Song Beads
Viki O'Dell
Sue Beads
Modern Nature Studio
Diane Hawkey Suburban Girl Studio
Jen Judd Rocks
Ellie's Bijoux
Island Girl's Insights
Life By The Seat Of My Pants
Too Aquarius
Shelley Graham Turner
Artfully Ornamental
Charis Designs Jewelry
Harrison Hollow Designs
Silver Nik Nats
Bead Soup Mix
Toodles and Binks
Bead Recipes
Play Sculpt Live
BeeTree by M.E.
Billi RS Rothe
A Half-Baked Notion


 


As always thank you for supporting handcrafted.
 
 
Remember your handcrafted Artists for Holiday Gifts this year
 
My shops I'm having 20% off for bloggers Blogger20 at checkout
 
 
Blessings and Love,
 


 
 


Also new shop coming next week.
 
Kimi's Designs on Etsy
 
 
 

14 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Glad you could join us Miss Kimi! Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, and I hope you feel better soon! This is a very ethereal ornament, like angels wings and frost fairy kisses. I love it! Enjoy the day. Erin

Anonymous said...

I laughed at your comment about the alien ornament! Some of mine have looked exactly like that at one point or another. But the working through it to the beautiful design you created makes it even more special. I love the ribbon embroidery look, so dainty!

Becky Pancake said...

Awesome!

creativegoddess said...

Beautiful ornament! :)

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

*TeeHee* the PC has a mind of it's own at times, and we had best let it win once in a while, Kim! I was so impressed at the total package, especially the little feather. I don't work with feathers so I'm always pleased to learn how others use them. Love how you refer to the PC bead as "Clay Embroidery"... that's a great term, and your work is lovely.

I wish you and your family much peace, joy and especially good health this Blessed Season!

SueBeads said...

Excellent job for not feeling well! I hope you feel better. It's a beautiful ornament!

Unknown said...

I love the feathers!! Your ornament is so pretty!!

Line said...

Wow, Kim, this is gorgeous!

Islandgirl said...

Lovely tribute to a snowflake! Very pretty! I will add you to my list!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving your link on my blog Kimi, I love your ornament, it's really pretty!

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Your end result is beautiful, no aliens in sight! Love the ethereal color palette. Glad you are feeling better.

Billi's Paper Batiks said...

Love the colors. This is so pretty. I'm glad you commented on my blog and shared your link! Happy Holidays!

m.e. said...

This is Bead-utiful!
I love your clay work
m.e. :)

Krafty Max Originals said...

simply beautiful!!